Knowledge, Inspiration and Network for Game Design and Game Development
THIS GAME is the go-to games conference and masterclasses for industry professionals in game design and game development. Every year, we gather the Nordic game industry, for a day of knowledge, inspiration, and network.
THIS GAME 2023 will be a deep dive into the creative process of game development. How do you go from fragile idea to fully fledged game? What are the essential steps and the recipe for success? What are some of the latest technologies? How do you manage large creative production teams successfully? We’ll also look into the process behind cross formatting and taking a game design and seeing it made into a series for television.
These are just a small selection of the questions that we aim to answer, together, alongside a great line-up of speakers at THIS GAME 2023.
The program below is subject to change.
Tuesday, October 31, 2023
9 AM – 5 PM
Studio 1, Filmby Aarhus
- Filmbyen 23, 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
Online passes available
THIS GAME, October 31
- 09:00 AM – 09:15 AM: Welcome to THIS 2023 – Future of Media & Content
- 09:15 AM – 10:15 AM: Keynote: Bigger Means Different – The New Video Games Market Landscape and Opportunities for Success
- 10:15 AM – 10:45 AM: Gaming for Climate Action: How Game Studios Can Help the World
- 10:45 AM – 11:30 AM: Keynote: From Tetris to Blue Planet
- 11:30 AM – 01:00 PM: Lunch Break
- 01:00 PM – 01:45 PM: Hits & Misses – Where the Convergence of Games, Series & Film Have Succeeded… and Failed
- 01:45 PM – 02:30 PM: From “License” to “Adaptation” – The Evolution of Hollywood and Gaming to Bring Blockbuster Storytelling Across Media
- 02:30 PM – 03:15 PM: Why Recommendation Media is the New Standard: TikTok & the GamerTok Community
- 03:15 PM – 03:45 PM: Break
- 03:45 PM – 04:30 PM: Gaming Gone Global
- 04:30 PM – 05:00 PM: How We Made a Living, Killing Babies
- 05:00 PM – 07:00 PM: Meet’n’Greet
SPEAKERS AND SESSIONS 2023
Keynote: Bigger Means Different – The New Video Games Market Landscape and Opportunities for Success
From “License” to “Adaptation” – The Evolution of Hollywood and Gaming to Bring Blockbuster Storytelling Across Media
Unlocking Resources: EU and Business Development Funds for the Gaming Sector